User Experience Designer for Phase One
Are you a talented UX designer and thrilled by the opportunity to design the tools that help the world's top photographers create even more astounding images? Then this is your chance to work on the design of Capture One, our flagship imaging software product. You will join the newly formed Product Design team at Phase One and help us keep Capture One the ultimate imaging workflow solution for any creative team.
You bring enthusiasm, design skills and visionary ideas
As UX Designer, you will work proactively with product managers, architects, developers and other stakeholders to help understand and meet customer needs.
Your role will include design work spanning the entire design and development process, from early understanding of user needs to final fit-and-finish reviews. Your main tasks include:
- Gather and analyze user data and communicate the insight to impact design and functionality decisions
- Facilitate ideation sessions, UX reviews and usability tests
- Design wireframes and prototypes and iterate the designs based on feedback
- Deliver interaction and visual designs that meet user needs and is compliant with overall design patterns and visual style
You combine a flair for design with a passion for understanding user needs
You have 1-3 years of experience working with UX and Design Thinking in a software company. Please include your design portfolio with your application for review.
- Relevant higher education within design or IT
- 1-3 years of experience designing power tools for Mac, Windows, Mobile or the Web
- Understanding of fundamental user-centered design methods
- Experience working with prototyping tools and design systems
- Visual design skills and experience
- Experience with Design Thinking, Lean UX and agile development
- Fluency in English (orally and in writing)
Nice to have:
- Experience influencing product strategy based on customer insight
- Experience with a common design system across multiple platforms
- Interest in photography
Overall, we look for a team player with energy, humor, and creativity that shares our passion for customers and what great design and technology can do for them. You must be self-motivated and able to plan and drive your own tasks, possess great communication skills, technical knowledge, and connect easily with others.
In particular, you:
- Are passionate about great user-centered design
- Have talent and passion for technology
- Are responsible, independent, quality- and task-oriented
- Have a positive mindset and proactively share knowledge with your team and other disciplines
We are digital photography pioneers
The ultimate photo editing software, Capture One is a high-end product enjoyed by over 100.000 photographers worldwide, offering support for more than 500 cameras from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Phase One, and many more. Capture One’s high-performance software offers fast and powerful RAW conversion, image editing and asset management. Offering photographers and retouchers complete creative control, Capture One’s features include a highly responsive processing engine, unmatched color handling, precision-editing tools, and seamless tethered support for studio photographers.
We're based in Copenhagen and can't wait to meet you:
You’ll be working at our office in central Copenhagen where you’ll have 3 ambitious, talented and experienced colleagues on the Product Design Team and many more throughout the organisation. Bringing together professionals from all over the world, we work in an international atmosphere of trust and empowerment, and believe in getting things done without getting on each other’s backs.
Application and further information:
Capture One delivers award-winning photo editing software, widely preferred by professional photographers around the globe.
Made by Phase One - the world-leading provider of medium format digital photography systems and imaging solutions for professional photographers and industrial applications – Capture One delivers natural colors, high performance, and customizable workflows for ambitious enthusiasts and professional photographers.
If you see yourself in the position and would like to be part of Capture One, please send your application by using the link below.
In this recruitment process, we are assisted by European Search Company. For additional information about the position, please contact Søren Rosenkrantz Larsen on +45 2893 7977 or Brian Ranvits on +45 2048 0548.
For more information about Capture One, please visit www.captureone.com
For more information about Phase One, please visit our About page.