The Engineering Director role will focus on software technology development and investments to allow the Capture One products to continue to grow at scale and maintain full reliability and performance. We’re looking for someone who loves solving problems and exploring innovative ways to adopt new approaches and technology, while working with peers from across the organization and company. You will be part of the R&D management team on an exciting growth journey with a fantastic software product.
We are digital photography pioneers
Capture One is a high-end imaging software product with over 100.000 photographers as users worldwide and offering support for more than 500 cameras from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Phase One, and many more. Capture One software offers fast and powerful RAW conversion, image editing and asset management. Capture One features a highly responsive processing engine, unmatched color handling, precision-editing tools, and seamless tethered support for studio photographers.
- Provide leadership to the software engineering teams: architecture, design, development and quality assurance.
- Partner with Product Management and other teams in C1 and across the company to meet immediate and long term objectives.
- Manage the teams to achieve target scope, schedule and SLA objectives. Accomplish this while still supporting peer teams with the ultimate goal of quality products.
- Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ensure appropriate and effective communication flow among internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to the software engineering teams: architecture, design, code review, development, quality assurance and processes.
- Be a mentor for your managers and help them grow Identify and create plan of action to hire and retain top talent, strengthen bench talent and succession plans within the software engineering technology teams.
- Manage people processes and development discipline
- Take part in our agile journey
- M.Sc or Ph.d, in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing commercial grade software
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams
- Strong desire to succeed and motivate others.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
- Proficient with a modern programming language, C#/C++/Objective C/Swift
- Experience with design and development of maintainable and high performance Software products.
- Experience with successfully leading, growing and retaining teams
- Knowledge of working cross site on projects that have international participants
- Experience with optics, Imaging, video, high performance computing or AI, is a benefit
- Passion for technology.
- Experience with development for IOS MAC or Windows platforms
- Proven ability to hire and attract talent
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of others, as a leader of teams you will be expected to mentor and manage a team of development leads.
- Strong technical abilities, problem solving, design, rapid prototyping, coding and debugging skills.
- Good communication skills and a track record of cross-group/cross-discipline collaboration.
- Ability to present ideas and work for large audiences
- Quick learner who thrives in an ambiguous environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to be adaptable and agile in development
- Demonstrated experience as a technical lead or people manager.
We’re based in Copenhagen – and can’t wait to meet you
You’ll be working at our office in central Copenhagen where you’ll have 50 ambitious, talented and experienced colleagues on the Software R&D Team and many more throughout the organization. Bringing together professionals from all over the world, we work in an international atmosphere of trust and empowerment and believe in getting things done without getting on each other’s backs.
Application and further information
In this recruitment process, we are assisted by European Search Company. For additional information about the position, please contact Søren Rosenkrantz Larsen on +45 2893 7977 or Brian Ranvits on +45 2048 0548.
If you see yourself in the position and would like to be part of Capture One, please send your application by using the button below.